Advil PM Pain Reliever (NSAID)
- Nighttime Sleep-Aid.
- Ibuprofen 200 mg.
- Diphenhydramine Citrate 38 mg.
Advil PM Uses:
For relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pains. Helps you fall asleep and stay asleep.
Do not take more than directed. Do not take longer than 10 days, unless directed by a doctor (see Warnings).
Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets at bedtime. Do not take more than 2 caplets in 24 hours.
Active Ingredients (in each caplet) - Purpose:
Diphenydramine Citrate 38 mg - Nighttime Sleep-aid.
Ibuprofen 200 mg (NSAID) - Pain Reliever (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug).
Calcium Stearate, Carnauba Wax, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Croscarmellose Sodium, FD&C Blue No. 2, FD&C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, Glyceryl Behenate, Hypromellose, Lactose Monohydrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polydextrose, Polyethylene Glycol, Pregelatinized Starch, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Starch, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide.
Allergy Alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include: hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), shock, skin reddening, rash, blisters. If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older.
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems.
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug.
- Take other drugs containing an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others).
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
- Take more or for a longer time than directed.
Do not use:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- Unless you have time for a full night's sleep.
- In children under 12 years of age.
- Right before or after heart surgery.
- With any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin.
- If you have sleeplessness without pain.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis.
- Problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers.
- Stomach problems that last or come back, such as heartburn, upset stomach or stomach pain.
- Bleeding problems.
- High blood pressure.
- Heart or kidney disease.
- Taken a diuretic.
- Reached age 60 or older.
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers, or any other sleep-aid.
- Taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription).
- Under a doctor's care for any continuing medical illness.
- Taking any other antihistamines.
- Taking a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Taking aspirin to prevent heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin.
- Taking any other drug.
When using this product:
- Drowsiness will occur.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks.
- Do not drive a motor vehicle or operate machinery.
- Take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs.
- Long term continuous use may increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- You feel faint, vomit blood, or have bloody or black stools. These are signs of stomach bleeding.
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days.
- Sleeplessness persists continuously for more than 2 weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of serious underlying medical illness.
- Stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts.
- Redness or swelling is present in the painful areas.
- Any new symptoms appear.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use ibuprofen during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during deliver.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Notice: Individual results may vary. You should always consult with your physician before starting this product or any health-related program.
Disclaimer: The product descriptions and the statements on this page are from manufacturers and/or distributors and have not been evaluated by VitaSprings or the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. VitaSprings does not imply any medical claims from the customer reviews on this Advil PM, Pain Reliever / Nighttime Sleep-Aid product on this website.
Write a Review on this Advil PM, Pain Reliever / Nighttime Sleep-Aid product and share your experience or opinion with other customers.
Advil PM, Pain Reliever / Nighttime Sleep-Aid