Plant Enzymes & Probiotics Powder for Dogs & Cats, 3.5 oz, Animal Essentials
|Plant Enzymes & Probiotics Powder for Dogs & Cats Product Description|
Animal Essentials Plant Enzymes & Probiotics Powder
- Supplement for Dogs & Cats.
- All Natural Digestive Aid.
Animal Essentials' Plant Enzymes & Probiotics assists in the digestion and absorption of nutrients which are necessary to maintain your pet's good health.
A small, very economical sprinkling each day will relieve extra burden placed on the digestive system by breaking down fats, carbohydrates, cellulose and protein.
Digestive enzymes are special types of protein molecules that catalyze the breakdown of food into components that can be utilized by the body. These proteins are not stored in the body but are released into the digestive system based on the anticipation aroma or the actual presence of food. Because they are not stored they must be taken with each meal.
Animal Essentials' enzymes contain a blend of plant and microbial produced enzymes, none of which come from animal sources. Animal derived enzymes will work in only one area of the digestive system (stomach and intestines), while plant and microbial enzymes work throughout the whole system, from the mouth through the stomach into the intestines. Since our enzymes work over a broader pH range they are active longer in the entire digestive process, reducing the food into usable components.
As your dog or cat's body ages less enzymes are produced and supplementation is necessary for optimum health. Digestive efficiency can also be reduced by excitement, anxiety or stress of any sort (travel, separation, working stress, etc.). To insure optimum digestion and health we recommend the addition of this supplement to each meal. The supplement should be moistened and added to the food shortly before feeding to be optimally effective.
Each enzyme works on a specific type of food and these are listed below along with the other key ingredients probiotic and calcium.
Enzymes Present in the Formula:
- ALPHA AMYLASE: helps in the digestion of carbohydrates by helping to hydrolyze the alpha 1-4 glycosidic linkages of polysaccharides to dextrin, D-glucose, maltose and oligosaccharides.
- BETA AMYLASE: works on the end of the starch molecules instead of in the center, as does alpha-amylase and results in the production of sugars from the starch molecules.
- PROTEASES: work on proteins to reduce them to individual amino acids (what they are composed of); some of these are acid stable proteases that start their work in the stomach. Proteins take the longest and are the most difficult food component to digest. With acid stable protease the decomposition starts earlier in the digestive tract, thus providing more complete digestion.
- LIPASE: helps to metabolize fats (triglycerides). The fats are broken down into mono glycerides, diglycerides and glycerol. If given in larger quantities the Lipases can enter the bloodstream and help remove excess triglycerides from the arteries and the veins improving circulation.
- CELLULASE: as the name implies, breaks down cellulose (fiber) by helping to break down cell walls, resulting in both necessary solubleand insoluble fiber.
- HEMICELLULASE: hemi cellulose and an amorphous (sticky) type of cellulose that form long strings as cellulose, is crystalline. This enzyme helps break this polymer down into its individual sugars - primarily xylose.
- BROMELAIN: is extracted from pineapple (Ananas comosus) and is a protolytic (protein) digesting enzyme, that helps break the proteins into oligio peptides and amino acids.
- PROBIOTIC: is a lactic acid producing bacteria, which bears spores. These organisms exhibit the characteristics of both the genera Lactobacillus and Bacillus. Because they are encapsulated in spores these organisms are protected from the environment and heat. They are activated in the gut by the hydrochloric acid, producing lactic acid bacteria. Treatment with antibiotics results in the killing of these bacteria, which guard against yeast colonies (candida yeast species). These desirable bacteria inhibit the growth of putrid bacterial in the intestine, thereby maintaining the balance of intestinal flora.
- CALCIUM SULFATE: the primary carrier or excipient for this product is food grade and adds a minimum amount of calcium to the diet, about 200 mg per gm of product.
Directions for Use:
Our Plant Enzymes & Probiotic supplement is virtually odorless and flavorless, making it easy to feed. Simply mix into the food at meal time. The powder can be "fixed" to dry kibble by moistening the food before applying.
DOGS - 1/4 teaspoon for each 30 lbs of the dog's body weight, once daily.
CATS - 1/4 teaspoon, once daily.
Notice: Individual results may vary. You should always consult with your physician before starting this product or any health-related program.
Disclaimer: The product descriptions and the statements on this page are from manufacturers and/or distributors and have not been evaluated by VitaSprings or the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. VitaSprings does not imply any medical claims from the customer reviews on this Plant Enzymes & Probiotics Powder for Dogs & Cats product on this website.
© Animal Essentials
Write a Review on this Plant Enzymes & Probiotics Powder for Dogs & Cats product and share your experience or opinion with other customers.
Plant Enzymes & Probiotics Powder for Dogs & Cats
Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics Original Formula, Complete Probiotic System
60 Capsules by Essential Formulas
Multi-Vitamin with Vitashine D3 and Quatrefolic
90 Vegetarian Capsules by Doctor's Best
ACF, Immune Support Liquid Supplement
16 oz by Buried Treasure Liquid Nutrients
EcoDrink Daily, Vitamin Mineral Drink Mix Powder, Orange & Berry
30 Packets by SGN Nutrition
Vitamin D Sunny Gummies, 1000 IU D3 Chewable, Sour Lemon
50 Gummies by Rainbow Light
Life Force Multiple, Value Size
180 Tablets by Source Naturals
B12 1000 mcg, B6, Folic Acid Plus Vitamin D 1000 IU
100 Instant Dissolve Tablets by Superior Source
$17.25, 2/$33.47, 6/$98.33
mykind Organics Prenatal Multi, Whole Food Multi-Vitamins
90 Tablets by Garden of Life
Primal Defense Kids Powder, Whole Food Probiotic
76.8 g by Garden of Life
Mega-Kid Chewable Multivitamin, Value Size
120 Chewable Wafers by Source Naturals
Everyone Bath Soak - Surfer
30 oz by EO Products