Tylenol® Extra Strength
- See New Warnings Information & Directions
- Pain Reliever, Fever Reducer
Uses: Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- Muscular aches
- Minor pain of arthritis
- The common cold
- Premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- Temporarily reduces fever
Do not take more than directed (see overdose warning). Adults and Children 12 Years of Age and Older: Take 2 caplets every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms last. Do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours. Do not use for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 Years: Do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage.
Active Ingredients (in each caplet):
Acetaminophen 500 mg. Purpose: Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer.
Carnuba Wax*, Castor Oil*, Corn Starch, FD&C Red No. 40, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Powdered Cellulose, Pregelatinized Starch, Propylene Glycol, Shellac, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Titanium Dioxide.
*contains one or more of these ingredients.
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount.
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen.
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescriptioin or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- New symptoms occur
- Redness or swelling is present
- Pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- Fever gets worsr or lasts for more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Overdose Warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Notice: Individual results may vary. You should always consult with your physician before starting this product or any health-related program.
Disclaimer: The product descriptions and the statements on this page are from manufacturers and/or distributors and have not been evaluated by VitaSprings or the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. VitaSprings does not imply any medical claims from the customer reviews on this Tylenol Extra Strength, Acetaminophen 500 mg product on this website.
Write a Review on this Tylenol Extra Strength, Acetaminophen 500 mg product and share your experience or opinion with other customers.
Tylenol Extra Strength, Acetaminophen 500 mg